March 23, 2020 To our valued Show Me Ethanol Community; Shareholders, Employees, and Stakeholders,
The COVID-19 virus response continues to evolve, and we are working hard to cope and adjust. The safety, health, and well-being of our community remains a high priority as we navigate this difficult period. We have made several temporary adjustments to our work practices in order to support the CDC, state, and local social distancing recommendations.These changes are temporary in nature and should not affect our ability to serve our customers. Our business remains open.
Temporary Measures • In order to limit the use of shared spaces, our DDGS and MDGS loading hours have shortened 1 hour and are now 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday.
• To the greatest extent possible, we will rely on virtual meetings via video or phone to conduct all business.
• Visitor access to our facility will extend to essential personnel only. All visitors must check in with our administration personnel before entry.
• In all cases, if you are not feeling well, we ask that you do not visit our facility until your health is restored.
• We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures greatly, including regular cleaning in areas where person-to-person interaction regularly occurs.
• Our team is implementing work-from-home procedures rapidly. Where possible, we will work remotely in order to limit exposure to our critical employees working 24 hours/day operating the plant safely. We remain available via phone and electronic messaging to conduct business.
We appreciate your flexibility as we adjust to the current environment. We will evaluate these changes and provide an update no later than April 3, 2020.
Show Me Ethanol, LLC (SME) is a dry-mill ethanol production facility located in Carrollton, Missouri. Currently, SME operates with 40 talented and skilled employees, is governed by a 10 member Board of Managers, and more than 460 investors. The plant operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
SME began production in May 2008 and is currently producing over 60 million gallons of ethanol annually, selling 160,000 tons of animal feed and using over 20 million bushels of Missouri grown corn
. The animal feed is sold as Dried Distillers Grains with Solubles (DDGS) and Modified Wet Distillers Grains with Solubles (MWDGS). In 2012, SME began recovering Distillers Corn Oil (DCO), an additional co-product that is sold into the animal feed and biodiesel markets. All of the corn that SME grinds in its production process is sourced from Ray-Carroll County Grain Growers, Inc.
Show Me Ethanol, LLC markets its ethanol through Eco Energy, Inc. DDGS, MWDGS and Corn Oil are marketed internally. Please visit the Ethanol and Co-Products page for more details and contact information.
provided by DTN/Progressive Farmer
Our Mission Statement
"To provide clean and renewable products to our customers, quality returns for our investors, while providing safe and ethical working conditions and benefits for our employees."